At St. Catherine’s, music fuels creativity, community, and celebration. Our curriculum helps every student to develop the ability to express themselves artistically, connect with others and perform with confidence in any setting. Music provides a unique platform for learning about other cultures and connecting with people across the globe, and travel is integral to the musical mission of our school. Ensembles in the Lower, Middle and Upper schools regularly take part in trips that expand each student’s horizon and enrich her musical journey.
Music Department Goals
1. To help all students develop a positive relationship with music.
2. To help our students to both speak and understand music as a language.
3. To empower our students to communicate, collaborate, and perform with confidence.
4. To develop our students' understanding of the ways in which music can impact themselves and those around them.
5. To introduce our students to a wide variety of musical compositions and the context in which they were created.
6. To enhance our school community through finding and encouraging opportunities for students to share their music.
7. To make music at St. Catherine's accessible and welcoming for all, while creating a safe environment for students to take risks.