A strong financial aid program supports St. Catherine's School's, and approximately $3 million in financial assistance is offered to make the School's educational experience available to qualified, motivated students who could not otherwise afford to enroll. The funds that support the financial aid program come from alumnae, parents, friends and foundations. The School is deeply grateful for this continued support.
The financial aid program at St. Catherine's is need-based. When the family of an accepted student demonstrates financial need, the school makes every effort to help offset the cost of a St. Catherine's education according to that family's particular need. Aid decisions are guided by financial data submitted to School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS)
and by review of the application data by the St. Catherine's School Financial Aid Committee.
How Need is Determined
Families complete a Parents' Financial Statement (PFS)
with the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS)
, a division of the National Association of Independent Schools. Based on financial information provided by a family, SSS calculates funds a family should have available for educational expenses. Using this information, the School determines the amount of financial aid that can be offered. St. Catherine's attempts to meet a portion of the tuition expense with its available resources.
Awards are made annually, and families must complete a PFS each year in order to be considered for financial aid. How to Apply for Need-Based Financial Aid (for the 2017-2018 school year)
1. Submit an application for admission to St. Catherine's and indicate on the admissions application that you are interested in applying for financial aid.
2. Beginning in early December, need-based financial aid application directions and information will be distributed electronically to those who have requested financial aid information and made available in the links in the green box on this page.
3. Submit financial aid application through School and Student Services by NAIS. You may access the application by going to sssbynais.org/parents
. Click on apply for families or the "complete your PFS" button. You will be given a username and password that will allow you to return to your application at a later date before submitting it.
4. The financial aid application for current families
should be completed online through School and Student Services by NAIS by January 15, 2017
. The financial aid application for applicant families
is due February 1, 2017
. There is a fee to apply for financial aid.
5. The school will consider a financial aid application only after the student has been admitted. Financial aid awards are not made without complete admissions files. St. Catherine's is an independent Episcopal school that welcomes qualified students without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students by the School.